Monday 24 March 2008

Paediatric nurse gets a fright!

Yes indeed she did. Last night I turned the light off for a peaceful sleep. Only to be woken at 0030 by a frightened sounding child crying with a raspy voice and a loud , harsh brassy cough. As I ran down the stairs I thought it was Emmy, then realised it was Harry, whilst at the same time thinking what are those noises, and then thinking that is a croupy cough, all at the same time. When I got into his room he was stumbling out of his bed, crying, as I think he wasn't sure what was happening. I took him upstairs and put him next to my bed in his fold out couch. Dosed him up on some Nurofen as he felt hot, and watched him as he tossed and turned. He only had a soft stridor and mild effort, BUT he went to bed well and woke like this. God I tell a parent at least weekley that kids can get sick very quickly. How those words flow so freely from my mouth, now they take on a whole new meaning. He has been ok today, a bit lethargic and an occasional cough, and his voice is husky, so I am anticipating he will wake again tonight, as they usually get worse before they get better. I have thought for years how it was interesting that Harry had never had croup, so there you go, now he has.

Had a nice day with Kim. A quick shop this morning to swap my new sneakers to a bigger size, and return a scanpan for a newie under the lifetime warranty. Then my sweet sissy went home in her new, lovely, sleek and sexy black Mazda 3. I then popped out to the hairdressers for a much needed touch up. Just had to get the roots painted. Bloody grey hairs torment me, I tells ya. I will leave you with some happy snaps from yesterday.
Night xxoo

OH P.S thanks sarah for the Picasa hint for cool photo collage

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Karen i feel for you. i know what you are going through. Nothing frightens me more, we have had way too many ambulances and hospital trips for my liking so far so good this year.....it has been since November.Touch wood......Watch Emmy too..

I saw you found Picasa *wink* How good is it..lol I can't believe Emmy is walking..ohh too cute.

Catch up soon
SARAH

Sarah said...

Sorry forgot to add, i hope he has a good night tonight. Hopefully he should be ok as it was a bit warmer today. Don't forget about steamed up shower, i know they say it is a myth but it somehow works for my kidlets..Vaporisor too..
But somehow i think you already know this stuff..lol
Get some sleep...
SARAH.