Wednesday 20 February 2008

Poor sweetsie





My little sweetise had a bingle this morning. She comes into my bed for a feed at 0530 ish, and we go back to sleep. Well I woke to this bang and screaming. She had fallen off the bed, the pillow pushed onto the floor, and Emmy was stuck between the bed and bedside table. God she screamed blue murder. I thought she had bumped her head, and it was still dark in the room so i couldn't see any damage. Anyway I consoled her and she was still sobbing heavily, but better, when mark came into the room and turned on the light, well there before my eyes was a purple egg under her eye. Any wonder she was sobbing.
So here are some picks of her injury, first 2 in the morning and second 2 after creche. I am used to seeing cuts and bruises on little ratbag boys, but not precious little princeses. She will be right though, it just looks awful. By the time she came home from creche it had spread to all the way under her eye.

NEWSFLASH - for all of you scrappers and card makers, the french flair (the beautiful flairs with the birds, featured on the card in the previous post) is being retired. So will be unavailable. Please let me know if you would like it, and i will have it delivered to your door. It is only $33.95. I haven't checked the list of stamps being retired, just heard thru email this one was going. So I am off to check which other ones. OK I AM EDITING THIS TO CONFIRM IT IS NOT GOING, AND IS IN FACT THE FRENCH SCRIPT THAT IS RETIRING. sorry i got my frenchies mixed up.

Oh and some excitement for me- I solved the stench coming from the toilet. I knew it was wee wees on the floor and at the back of the toilet(boys!), BUT I cleaned it spotless the other day, and I could still smell mens urinal flavour (eew). So I got down on my hands and knees to investigate. Well I found a pool of wetness (yess piss people's) in the area where the pipe from the toilet goes into the floor. It must have been blocked, because when I flushed it out, (after gloving up and soaking up the moisture with a towel, and then leaving calcium dissolver (ENJO) soaking in the crevice all day), and poked it with a small brush, it all drained away. So my toilet is smell free, Hallelujah, woo bloody hoo. LOL

Ok, big day at work tomorrow. Myself and the other asthma educators have a planning day, and then I am holding my community information evening. I moved offices today too. I went from a palatial office of my own, to sharing with 3 other girls, in the child development services (physio and occupational therapists). They are lovely girls, and the company will be nice.

OK better sort play lunch, outfits etc.

Much love and friendship

3 comments:

Leia Martin said...

Poor little sweetie girl. What a shiner? But I think you'd find so many other people this has happened to.
Thank goodness for the wee smell! But males are still gross!
Cheers, and thanks for the tag!
xoox

Sarah said...

OH POoor Emmy!!!! I hope it has gone down a little by now...

Hope your education night went well..
catch ya soon
SARAH

kerri said...

Oh what a sweet little girl you have there even with a shiner

just thought i would ask where you got the info about french flair retiring are you sure its not french script?