Sunday 10 February 2008

My Tri Man



Well we had a wonderful weekend in Geelong. I did a demo on Friday night in Fairhave, which is basically Aireys Inlet. Not a bad demo..Teh Saturday I had coffee with my good friend Jen and her daughter and mum. It was a lovley relaxed catch up, she is due to have her second any day, all the best to ya Jen! I then rushed home , and sprayed on some BO killer, and headed down to the local Grovedale pub for lunch with Chooka and Corrina, and their twim boys Zach and Jonah. We had such a wonderful time, just chilling and chatting. The 3 boys (harry too) loved playing in the playroom , which we had a table right next to, so it was perfect. Emmy was the perfect little angel that she is, a sleep in the pram, sitting up at the table eating broccoli and chips, hehe. Thanks for a lovely time Chook and Corrina, we had such a nice time, and promise to come and have a sleep over asap, the boys will just love it.
Then on Saturday night I cooked spag bol (carb loading for Mark) for Marks sister and hubby (and 3 kids, who don't eat , so that was easy) and his brother and girlfriend. It was nice actually, as we were staying at mark's mum and Dad's (who are in Thailand), so it was very relaxed, and we didn't have to worry about packing the kids up and leaving.
Then today mark was up at a sparrow to head off to the Geelong ironman 70.3. He has been doing triathalons for a couple of years and it seems the more he does, the more he wants to do. he is so fit, it is almost sickening, although i must admit I look at him sometimes, and thing gaw, look at thos arms or abs, lmao. which is funny to think that about my hubby after all these years. gettin' a bit of mojo back, and I'm not talking scrapping, hehe.
So today he competed in the Geelong ironman 70.3, which basically means a half marathon. So it consisted of a swim 1.9 km, bike 90.1 km and run 21.1 km. Argh I am exhuasted just typing that. He estimated it would take 6 hours and his time was aorund 5 and half or so hours. He looked really comfortable running, and I am very proud of him. I think it is great that he has something that he gets so much enjoyment out of, and something that challenges him, also such a great strees realise from work. will let you know official results when i get them.

We headed home for my last hurrah, big fatty boombah pizza. Tommorow starts my Contours 6 week challenge. I am ready and keen and motivated. Go Kaz.. In dilema news, there was way to much on the TV tonight to chose from, of course there was dance, which I missed most of because we hadn't been home long and so was unpacking and sorting kids etc, then there was the series return of greys anatomy and brothers and sisters. I just love Rachel Griffiths, loved her in 6 feet under too.
Tomorrow night has a couple of premiers too, such as dirt sexy money.

Anyway laptop has only 15 minutes of battery life left, so I will catch you soon. here is my DH looking fit and fabulous with about 1 hour left to race.

Cheers and much love :)

1 comment:

Leia Martin said...

wow - go mark! Too be so fit and healthy!! Glad you had fun down geelong way, grovey is a good place for the kids. I'm enjoying dance, wasn't a fun of the US one, but its always good to see home grown talent. cheers xox