Saturday 9 June 2007

What is happening in our house?




Yes, an actual update of what we are all doing.
Well I mean, not much really, but I thought I would mention a few bits and pieces.

Me - i have finished my studies, woo hoo. I can't believe it is over, look out, when i get my certificate I will have to copy it and post it, because this has been a long process, over many years. For those of you who don't know I was doing Masters by thesis, i had even interviewed participants, and was up to analysing htis data, but being heavily pregnant with No 2, I just couldn't manage, and credits I had were expiring, so I had to bite the bullet and change it to Masters by coursework.
I head back to work, yes my new job as Asthma Educator for families at Bayside Community Health, on the 4th of July. I got all teary at creche the other day, Emmerson and I are popping in there after we drop Harry off for the next 4 weeks. I was just sitting there and the manager came in, and asked me how I was. Well I burst into tears. Just a mum being sentimental about my baby girl going off to creche. It is only 2 days, and Harry is there, so I know she will be fine, I also have made arangements so she can come home each afternoon with family / friends for the first 3 weeks, so that is much less stress. easing her into it. And re assuringly, I will only be 2 minutes or so up Nepean Highway.

Mark - Mark is still working on a big reno in Ormond, and he starts another reno soon. He is having trouble with his labourers turning up, so that is really pissing him off. makes it hard to stick to deadlines. He is working towards doing the Melbourne marathon. Bit too cold for much else at the moment, Tri wise. he has gone to Geelong today for a footy grand final, so I am sure he will be a bit shabby tomorrow.

Harrison - Harrys is a sweet, beautiful boy, such a treasure. he said to me the other day, as we were walking along holding hands "Mumma, I like holding hands". OOh, He is 3 yeas old goes to creche 2 days a week, he does playball on Fridays, which he is enjoying more now, wasn't so keen at the start. But he got the cars Mack truck which opens up to a portable home for lightening McQueen, as a bribe, LOL. He also goes to swimming on Saturday mornings, and is quite the little fish. He has been doing the lessons on his own from just before he turned 3. Which means we don't have to get in with him. He loves it and is very good, jumps in, goes under etc. His latest obsessions are - army mans (army men), and he tells me "army man got guns", and he likes guns, from where I do not know, I guess they pick it up from all sorts of avenues, from the simpsons, to the news, to funniest home videos (which he loves)and other kids. He made a gun out of his leggo, off his own back, comes and shows me and says "i kill you", god I hate it, and try to discuss what he is saying and the meaning. He also likes dinosours, and runs around with his gun chasing them. Of course as delicious as he is, he is also a terror, and a typical ratbag 3 year old boy. He does not sit still, and certainly does not listen or do as his told. Bribery is a great invention, and i do try to talk at his level, which works at times.

Emmerson - Is a beautiful little princess. So joyful, her smiles light up the room. She is 9 months and 2 weeks old. She sits up, but is not crawling, and can't be bothered rolling. She has no teeth, but I feel they may be close, with 2 nights of waking 2 hourly. I got the local chemists homemade teething mixture for last night, worked a treat. Still not eating, she will slobber on a biscuit, and have a taste of teaspoons of food i offer, put then screws her face up, waves the arms and won't open her mouth for anymore, except if she feels like it she will have yoghurt. A real boobaholic this one. She babbbles and laughs, and says mumma, dadda and bubba. She idolises Harry, it is delightful.

Well that is about it, all is pretty good really.

Now I am going to continue to enjoy my GIRLY weekend.
Emmy and I went shopping this morning, I got the kids some clothes, absolute bargains at Cotton kids, and a new CD player for Emmy. I got a tracksuit, (mandatory day wear for me) and then we got home and I watched The Queen on DVD, tidied up a bit, and then did a bit of scrapping. I am now going to get some Pad Thai Gai, and watch another DVD while I scrap. Emmy is sitting here with me in between having her naps.
I hope everyone else is enjoying there weekend.
Take Care and we will chat soon,
Mcu Love , Kaz xxx

No comments: