Tuesday 1 April 2008

Did you know dead fish.....

SINK!!

me neither. Until last night. When I got home from a meeting last night, I thought i better see if he would eat. Poor Nemodory had not been well. And I knew this because he wasn't eating, and for a few days had been vertical. But every now and then he would have a swim around. I looked in his bowl and couldn't see him. But this wasn't unusual because he often blended in, but I still I had a "sinking" feeling in my stomach. So on closer examination I found him. Laying along the bottom of the bowl.I stuck my hand in, in case he was just resting. But alas, there was no movement. He is still there, and I am yet to tell Harry. I am not sure what do to. I mean he barely acknowledged the fish, but he has an obsession with death, and often remembers that our other dog Bear is dead, and ends up unconsolouble, and says he misses him, and wants him to come down from heaven, etc. He also frequently asks when I am going to die, or says he doesn't want me to do. So I am waiting to see if he notices, and if not, I may mention it closer to 2 pm, as I have to take Emmy for her vaccination, and it is close to a pet shop, so I can soften the blow, with a new one. And the toilet burial of course.
(See post for 3 Aug 07, for a lovely pic of Nemodory. He was a lovely fish, and I think him and I had a bond. He used to look at me lovingly, and also get excited when I got out the fish food. The way to a man's heart, I know!!).

Mark did a Tri on Sunday, and out of how ever many cam about 300th, he was happy. He also came third in his age group in the tri series he competed in recently. So he was shocked and stoked. So I was very proud of him, because he really does love it. It is actually his 39th (OMG) birthday this weekend, and I am wondering what on earth to get. maybe a new tri man outfit.
Harry is back to himself, although still tires easily and coughing like an old man. But you have to expect those post viral coughs, which can last for weeks.
Emmy had her 18 month check yesterday, (she is actually 19 months now) and she did very well. She is average for all her measurements, but did really well in her other checks (stacking blocks, doing things asked like where is the duck in the book). And when we left the nurse said, "she's doing very well" and I replied, yea she is, and she said something back like "no she really is good". So I know this was her way of saying that Emmerson is gifted. LMAO. and she is walking now, more than crawling, so that is good. I will leave a pic of her for you to see the cuteness, so you don't get bored with all my babble.

Take Care, Love Kaz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

clever little emmy girl. glad to hear h is ok. i think u should just do the switch if u can find a clone of nemodory sis xx

Leia Martin said...

Hi, I also have a fighting fish, and he has a real personality, so I know what you mean, specially being the person that feeds them. Think I agree with kim though a swap would be a good idea. Anyway, look forward to seeing you all at Harrys B'day.
xox