Friday 22 May 2009

Challenges

I have had heaps of fun doing a couple of challenges set on one of our Stampin' Up! groups.....
This 1st one was to be male, take 10 minutes, and feature a circle. My circle turned into an oval. OOps. This is a great stamp set for men. You can use it for thank yous, and birthdays, or fathers day. All those times you have trouble thinking of something for the man in your life, all you have to do is pull out the 'totally tools' set. I have also used a cut from the Urban Garden designer series paper, and our current in colours.


This next one wasn't a challenge, but i had all of the stuff out and leftover paper i thought I would make a card for my girlfriend who is having a birthday next week. This was one of those rare occassions when you have something in your head, and when finished you go, 'oh I really love that' and 'gee that was clever idea'. Which occured when I decided to tie the linen thread around the grosgrain ribbon to make a super cute bow.
This layout was then done for a sketch challenge. I had to drag out some old photos (I love that about a challenge, as sometimes you don't have what suits the theme of the challenge), and the papers, again Urban Garden, were perfect for our Fiji honeymoon pics. All of the products in this layout are Stampin' Up! (oh except the title, thanks thickers). So for the not quite converted, yes you can scrap just as beautifully with Stampin' Up! TFLOk I better put the washing on, I have been meaning to do it all day. Mark is off to the footy tonight, so I plan to relax tonight with a movie and maybe do a layout, as I am working tomorrow night. Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers Kaz

1 comment:

Felicity said...

These are all awesome projects Kaz, I love what you did with the ribbon on the card and your scrapbook page is totally kewl!!!