Saturday 14 February 2009

What I am up to today..

Morning. Well it isn't really, but I worked night duty last night. Which was great because as I mentioned I have lots to fund this year. But I was on my own (which means bonus dollars), but even with only 5 patients was quite busy. I actually only sat down to write notes or fill in charts. There was no time to finish off Harry's party invites (how rude) or jump on the internet. Which was lucky because they have banned it, outrageous. I know some people abuse the internet at work, but for the rest of us that use it to check email or facebook here or there I think it is harmless. I know my regular job have the likes of my space and ebay banned, which is fair enough, butI couldn't even Google a patient's condtition which was frustrating. I got home and jumped into bed, whilst Mark took the kids out for a few hours.
Yesterday morning I went outside to the smell of smoke and a smokey haze over the world. The aftermath of the weeks earlier destruction had reached us, (with the change in wind, ongoing fires and back burning). It was just a terrible reminder of Victoria's own Ground Zero. It really makes one grateful for what we have, I don't want to take anything for granted.

I have a layout for you, because it makes my posts look a bit brighter and I like to share this part of my life. This is one I did at the retreat back in November, (oh and the next one is at the end of march, so close, excitement building).. these pics show how the computer takes over, they are of msn and my blog, which are just a ripple in the tsunami of my internet world. This layout is also maybe the reason (other than the several cock sucking cowboys) why I got, was it 23 layouts done, and perhaps not 25, because I stamped and then hand cut the bloody title. I do like it though, so worth the effort. Many of you may know I like to keep things quick and simple, hence cutting out things, or painting stuff is too time consuming and therefore avoided at all costs. So when I do it I am actually proud of the result.

I also have another little pic of my latest love. My new Fossil watch. I used to have a Fossil watch that I adored, and I lost it. I was very sad about this, so when I stumbled across the Fossil store at Southland I was excited (and scared, hehe). I woke to a little note from hubby for Valentines day saying ' Happy Valentines Day my love xx (and he was going for a ride to Portsea) so I knew I should take it upon myself to get a little treat, now I have been eyeing this watch off for months now, and have been restrained, but knowing I was doing extra work I thought I deserved it. I am a shocker like that. I have also put a picture of my bag for your viewing pleasure too (or nearly, this is the maddox hobo, and I have the amanda hobo) Almost identical, except where this one has buckles at the front near the zipper, mine has studs. Beautiful soft Italian leather and i got it for a steal. amazingly it fits all I need, my purse, phone, a little pack with lip balm, tissues and nail file, baby wipes and a nappy. All I need now are the Fossil sunnies I am eyeing off, and I will be sorted.

Oh I have honed in on a 40th function venue, very happy about that, and excited. Love it, it is perfect. Save the 17th of October my dear friends and family.

Enjoy the last few hours of your weekend. I am currently watching No Country for Old men on Foxtel. I am looking forward to Dance tonight, and a fun catch up with old work friends (and their kiddies) at a Play Centre tomorrow. I have every intention of making home made biscuits for us. Best get onto to that. Bye for now, and
much love xxx

1 comment:

Leia Martin said...

Love the watch, what is it about fossil, Jon is in love with his as well and i don't think he'd buy anything else. I'm looking forward to your 40th, the 30th was pretty good. Hope jude behaves herself this time. LOl.