Thursday 19 February 2009

The kidlettes


I thought it might be nice for a quick update on my precious little munchkins. For any newbies (Welcome), these are my 2 children Harry who is nearly 5, and Emmerson (Emmy) who is 2 and 1/2. They had Crazy Hair day today to raise money for the bushfire appeal. Harry had bright blue glitter and then sparkles on the top. i tried to spike it up, but his hair is so thick and heavy it just won't. Emmy had a piggy tail with the sparkles, but came home with about 5 coloured piggy tails, hehe. It looked so cute.
They both go to childcare (which also has a kinder program), which Harry is doing. He will go to school next year. I wanted him to be a bit more mature, and the oldest in his class, instead of the baby. They are in school fo soo long, i didn't think being at home that bit longer would hurt, and most 'experts' suggest holding them back. And my favourite expert, my sister Kimba (who teaches prep, and has for years) say most of the littlies (kids who aren't yet 5) struggle.
They also normally do swimming and another activity, such as gymbaroo or Harry was doing Fizzed (a big kids Gymbaroo, sort of) but we missed out on swimming enrollment for a time that suits, so Mark takes them every couple of weeks for a splash, Fizzed was cancelled, and so with my goal for the year of balance, i have left extra activities for this term, so I can re group. We might go to the local community centre tomorrow though, as they have a play gym thing I thought we could check out. They are both very active, so these things are ideal.
Ok gotta find batman themed things for Harry's upcoming party.
Cheers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely best to have 12 mnths more at pre school if possible, especially boys, not just academic wise but social and emotional maturity. Cute as pics. sis xx

Annie said...

They look as though they have both shot up since I saw them before Christmas! What have you been feeding them Kaz!

Leia Martin said...

As you mentioned, they're there for so long why send them earlier than really necessary. I know I would have liked Bain to be even a few months older, although he seems to be going well so far.

Its always great to see pics of the kids, its been a while, we saw so much of eachother around chrissy I got use to it. Few events coming up though.
xox