Wednesday 11 February 2009

Much love and thoughts

.........to all the people affected by the bushfires in whatever way. It is such a horrible thing, the devestation and heartbreak is beyond belief. But the Australian support from everyone from the Firemen, to the volunteers , and everyone in between, to the overwhelming genorosity of all Australians with all of their donations big or small, financial or otherwise is outstanding.

In happier news, our night away in Geelong was great, other than the extreme temp, we enjoyed a lovely morning at a play centre with my dear friend Jen (Hi Jen), and I also managed to get to the Kaisercraft outlet, and get some yummy papers. I was good though I only spent $20. The weather on the Sunday was perfect for a Half Ironman, and Mark did it in just under 5 hours (4.53), which was 40 minutes (or so) better than last year. Now he is prepping for a full ironman in April in Port Macquarie.

TV viewing has really enhanced recently. Dance is ready to rumble, I think I like Ben, Danny, Talia, and the blonde. I am not good with names this early on. Underbelly is good, not as many hot guys though, LOL. And Desperate Housewives is interesting and Brothers and Sisters is good too. I love Dexter and I forgot to watch Greys Anatomy.

I went to the movies and dinner with Jess last night. We saw Changeling, it was very good. Angelina (the husband stealer, LOL) was great.

I am also happy to report I have lost 2.6 kgs. It is coming off slowly, hey I still need to enjoy life, I love food. and when hubby suggests we go for mexican what's a girl to do.

Ok here is a layout I did in December, I forgot to share. It was a pic in one of those plastic frames from Thailand, and was looking a bit shabby, so I rescued it. The papers are Stampin' Up!

The weekend is nearly here, woo hoo. I have put my name down to do an agency shift. Need to roll in the big bucks. I have 2 scrap retreats planned for this year, plus the Stampin' Up! regionals in Canberra, AND the biggest news is I have decided to have a 40th, OMG I know, it can't be true. I know I don't look more than 30, but alas come October my life begins. So save the date (for those deserved, LMAO) for October 17th.



Nite

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hiya its melodydamom (mel) off mad about scrapping.

great blog, you have done some gorgeous layouts

tc from mel :)

Leia Martin said...

hey SIL, really enjoyed your post, its hard with all thats happening to blog, but you've done a good job, and its always nice to hear about whats happening with you guys. Great layouts as always...