Tuesday 29 January 2008

A few pics to look at..



Just a few little happy snaps from recently. Me being Martha Stewart / Stephanie Alexander, and baking (tasted yummy too), the kids making mud pies at 0830 in the morning, playing bikes in the front yard, Harry at the park and Emmy and Taffy.

We had a nice weekend. I attempted operation clean up scrap. This consisted of several phases. I am up to phase 3. I managed to put my scrap mags in nice neat piles, out of the way, and clean out my plastic containers. So next thing is the actual desk. It just seems like a huge task, but I know once I start it will be effortless. On Sunday I managed to go to Southland by my self (aaaaah!) and get some pics printed , and get an electric beater so I could make the banana cake. They cost $12.95 from coles. How cool, and they are great. Yesterday we went over to friends fro a BBQ at Williamstown. I have my brother and his family here, so H is enjoying fun times with his cousin, who is only 7 1/2 months older. Last night I managed to watch the dixie chicks dvd "Shut up and Sing". This was a really close and personal look at all of the drama surrounding Natalie's comment about the war and President Bush. I had no idea the extent that this affected the band, and the death threat that was so real. To the point of naming a date and time and location. I really can't believe that people can take someone's comment to such an extreme. Particulary in America where they go by the saying freedom of speech. In seeing the actual comment, it really was just an off the cuff remark. People then had picket lines, and crushed their CD's etc. This to me is a bit childish and narrow minded. Natalie wasn't saying anyone else had to agree with her. It was just her way of expressing her feelings about the war. It was just blown so way out of proportion, and I am glad the whole band stuck to their guns, and continue to make wonderful music.
Today I am excited because my brother is still here, and so I have managed to get to the gym already. I also had a package at my front door. Yea my Stampin! UP was here. Woo Hoo. maybe my brother can take the kids to the park so I can play.

OK gotta go sort shit.

Peace

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Kazzy. That pic of Emmy covered in mud cracked me up!!
God love her.

Leia Martin said...

Hi, we had such a good time staying with you guys, thank you so much for everything, specially babysitting all day Monday - we owe you!!! Bain and Harry have such a good time together (mostly). And Emmy is just so happy and delightful, we enjoyed every minute. Although you didn't get to play with your stampit kit, we managed a kid-free shop and coffee which is always nice! (Thanks jon)
Thanks again,
Leia xox
PS You're so right about Dixie chicks stuff!