Tuesday 1 July 2008

WARNING! A stinky update

Hehehe, yes I am a stinky little beast. I just had a shower, and realised I hadn't actually had one since Saturday night, peeeew.

The days just got away, LOL. I showered before I did night duty Saturday night, and then of course I slept Sunday. I got up, and just bummed around for the rest of the day. Then yesterday I was going to the gym, so no point having a shower. In the end I didn't go to the gym til 4, and thought of having a shower with the kids when I got home. As it turned out I had a heap of groceries to pack up after dinner, so never got to the shower. Hence this morning when I though right better have a shower, it dawned on me, that indeed I better.

My night duty was good. I looked after an asthma so that was great, and there was also a sick little bronch, which bought back the old days on the ward. The lethargic, floppy little body, wheezy distressed cough. Love it. Although I felt a little like,'was I doing the right things etc' has been a long time since I have done clinical nursing, so i was really judging myself. I am wondering how much has changed, I mean the basic management hasn't, and general nursing care hasn't. But i think I might do an update to reassure myself. The nurse I worked with was great too, we were very alike, it was scarey. Hi Jo if you should ever track me down.

It was a trap waking up on Sunday after my sleep. I got home about 8 am, and by 9 Mark took the kids out in the pram. So I sleep solidly until 1.30 ish, and it was so peaceful in the house, unheard of. So I got up and wandered downstairs, and no sign of anyone. I actually felt alright, so decided I would stay up, wanted to sleep that night as well. So I did a bit of washing, and semi started a layout, but was distracted with a new obssesion. Yes YOU TUBE. I have looked at it before, but wanted to see some Amy Winehouse live. So this then lead me to other artists , which then lead me to others, and so it went. I love live music, so I was just hopping from one to the other. What fun. The thing was I just stayed in my PJs, so cool.

OK gotta go fill out my application for sponsorship for the asthma conference in October. I will leave you with some pics of cute cheekiness!

3 comments:

jacqui jones said...

hey hey
thanks for the blog visit.. :)
SMART grandmas that one day knew we would care that we could knit hehe
i bought a learn to knit book as a guide and a reminder what to do and i was off...all to easy really

Leia Martin said...

hey - thats good that your night shift went well. Love the shower thing, jon and i were impressed. Hope you're all well!
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Gee i wondered what the smell was on Monday. I though it was just the s**t farm up the road..lol
SARAH