Saturday 17 September 2011

So far, so good

well here i am and it is Day 6 of the 12wbt....

I have stuck to the 1200 cals each day, including a glass of wine last night. I nearly had a second, but I actually processed it in my head, no I actually didn't feel like it, I am quite full, I will feel crap tomorrow if I have another etc. So alas I didn't have it. That is a downfall, I often drink for the sake of it being the weekend. I better have a glass of wine, it is Saturday..how ridiculous!

The food has been mostly nice. I have pretty much done my own thing for breakfast (toast or cereal)  and lunch (taking inspiration from the 12wbt recipes)..dinners I have done exactly to the recipe. A lot of the stuff has lots of health fresh herbs, which my kids are not into. So I have tried to alter them to suit. Which is a little bit of a pain because I hate making separate meals. It has just meant I need to think and plan ahead a bit, so not too much of a drama!

I have also exercised every day so far, yea go me! I need to try to get something happening today. Today is typically SSS (super Saturday). which means burning 1000 calories. I am afraid I will not be doing this in a hurry. Call me lazy, but I want this to be sustainable and I am not going to bust my balls spending 2 hours working out. I am at home with both kids, and trying to do 1000 cals to a DVD is not gunna happen. I want to turn the volume down on Mish by the end of 1 DVD, LOL! No offence Michelle Bridges!  My heel is still sore, but I think on the mend (I have a heel spur and plantar fasciitis if I haven't mentioned it, and to be honest it is quiet debilitating :(. I just picked up my orthotics on Thursday and currently wearing them in. I am still losing weight doing what I am doing, so I am more about doing exercise than being obsessed with the amount of calories!

I did my fitness test, killing my foot and I am pretty sure having an asthma attack in the process (I had asthma as a teenager) but I was being stubborn and wanted a number for the 1 km time trial. As it turned out I was intermediate in 3 categories and advanced in 2. The wall sit is a bloody killer, pity it isn't a plank instead...I can do 2 min and 5 seconds. I also did a shit load of (lady) push ups, which my kickboxing trainer tells me are a waste of time. So I attempted man push ups, and crikey I am hopeless, I struggled and managed 4. So I am just going to try them now!

Ok I need to go clean up this feral house. Get some washing out, which is a pain because the puppy is having a blast pulling it off (we have a 9 month old Border Collie).  I should mention a bit about my family, because everyone checks in  here for different reasons I guess. Hubby is a builder and currently working in the city (and hating it) he is also an ironman and training for a half ironman in Shepparton in November and Melbourne Ironman March next year. Harry is 7, in Grade 1 and enjoys TaeKwonDo...Emmy just turned 5 and also commenced TKD. But also loves Ballet, and is keen to do gymnastics. She will start prep next year..Yipee. I am a Paediatric nurse currently working at a local Community Health Service doing asthma education to families. I am also back doing some bank shifts at the hospital. I love TV, True Blood, Project Runway, X Factor, Housewives of NYC all the usual crap!
I enjoy reading, but never get much time to do it. And I recently found Sudoko a good challenge (only the easy ones though). I still love making cards for people and wish I had more time to scarpbook :(
Ok I must go, enjoy your weekend peeps

xx

No comments: