Saturday 10 September 2011

Pre Season

I remembered why I am so crap at blogging, and that is because I finally think to do it just when I am ready for bed.
So I thought I would give a quick summary of the Michelle Bridges 12wbt pre season tasks. The idea of these tasks is to have you all ready for the journey ahead, like a Girl Guide the motto was 'be prepared'.

1/. Introduce Yourself - this was about jumping on the forums and introducing yourself...so most of you should know me from this blog alone. I am 42 in October, a mother, wife and nurse. I live in Melbourne, Australia. I have lost over 20 kgs in the last 10 months. I love reading, scrapbooking and hanging with my family and friends. More recently I developed a love of kickboxing and Zumba.

2/. Get Real - this is identifying your excuses in life..
Internal :
will do it tomorrow
doing ok at losing weight, so don't need to be strict
ate that, blown it, so doesn't matter if I eat the rest
too tired
too sore

External (control over)
too busy
gym too expensive

External (no control over)
sick kids / me sick
husband home from work late
kids having meltdowns when I want to go out

with each of these came thinking up solutions. Mine consist of not waiting for tomorrow, ensuring KB or Zumba at least 4 times a week, and walking the dog..focusing on different areas of the body when sore. Doing treadmill at home, pre warning the kids. Don't loosen the reigns!

3/. Set Your Goals : setting goals is about having measurable, achievable and realistic aims over the program, but also beyond. So they are 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 12 month. My goals are to about losing weight, toning up and I am achieving this by following 12wbt and being consistent. (In my actual list they are more specific).

4/.  Gear Up - this is about our exercise programs. This will involve 6 days a week of activity as follow
3 days of fitness, 2 days of toning, 1 day of light fitness, core and stretch (i.e yoga)


5/. Say it Out Load - simple as yelling it from the rooftops and making a commitment. Telling everyone you know you are doing the program, in order to be accountable and of course have support. My commitment was : I commit to this program to be the best person I can be whilst maintaining a realistic life....I will be healthier and fitter as I lose 10 kilos (I am actually less already, so not sure if I need to readjust that number, ah well we will see what happens) and tone my body.

6/. Kitchen Makeover _ yep that's right, throw all of the shit out of the house. There isn't too much for me because i have been mostly healthy for 10 months. Hubby won't give up chocolate, but lucky I am not too fussed by that.

7/. Organize and Diarise  - plan out your diary so you know when you are training, shopping days etc. Highlight outings that might be 'red flags' for eating. Such as dinners / weddings etc.

8/. Measure Up - eek the scary bit. Do measurements and take a pic in bra and jox! I wished I did this in October last year (oh the visual I have in my head, blah). Never mind. Onwards!

Much of these tasks are outlined in Mish's book Crunchtime. Which is a really great reference with its own 12 week program, along with the Crunchtime Cookbook.

These are all very confronting, and make the challenge very real. Looking forward mostly to learning about what calories mean, and about what actual healthy food is. Mind be fun to get into my head too.

Gosh I should go to bed...I am hoping for an early morning call into work.

Cheers

No comments: