Tuesday 6 September 2011

Fat chick in a slim body!

Well firstly I have to say I ALWAYS think of the best blog updates when I am driving or in bed about to go to sleep.! Alas, you will just have to put up with what comes to mind now as I am sitting in front of the computer. So here I am sitting on my slimmer butt on the couch after knocking off 600 calories at kickboxing. I am going to KB more now, because I currently can't go to Zumba....waaaaaaaaaaaaah! I have a bloody heel spur (and plantar fasciitis), and it friggin hurts like crazy :(    Luckily I love KB and can alter the exercise and still get a good work out.

So how about this losing weight. I guess the thing about losing weight is how you feel and look. And I have found that I am having trouble coming to terms with this. Mostly I look in the mirror and like what I see. But I have trouble when I reach for a size 12 top and accepting that when I actually try it on that YES it does actually fit, oh and looks ok :) Or some of my tops, that are size 16, up until last week I still had in my wardrobe, because it will still look ok. NO it does NOT! When I bought a gorgeous dress recently I doubted that it looked nice, and questioned myself whether I was in fact still a fat chick trying to squeeze into a slim dress. Alas it looked fucking amazing, lol.

The other thing that is hard is the constant compliments, nearly every day, several times a day in fact. Even now, from the same people. Now don't get me wrong, I love it, it is very motivating to maintain a healthier lifestyle. But the old me creeps in and wonders are they just saying it. So I am trying to suck it up and say thank you and let it spur me on.

This brings me to the next step in my life. I have decided to do the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation.  I contemplated her books I think before I started WW, but opted instead for the Tiffany Hall book (which admittedly didn't do much for me). I would see the ads for the 12wbt on the side of FB all the time, and in magazines. It sounded interesting. When my buddy joined I liked the page on FB, and this was great to see all of the buzz. Even though I know I am losing weight, and it still seems to be coming off,  I thought this would consolidate my knowledge and add a new perspective on food. I am also keen to shape my body more. A big thing will be the mind lessons. Working through why I overeat, and why I can't be bothered exercising. This program is very hard core...and I don't know that I will be super dedicated. I know I won't burn the ideal 500 calories 5 days a week, and 1000 1 day a week. I guess I am lucky because I really only want to lose 10 kilos, so I don't feel like I have to be mega hard core. I don't think I will ever rid nachos, wine and chips from my life, but at least I will be doing it much less, and even make better choices at times.  But I will exercise more than I am now, and my dietary intake will be less, and 'cleaner'. So this can only result in positive outcomes.

Ok we are currently at the end of 'pre-season' which involved 8 tasks in order to be ready for the coming slog! Hopefully I can get back in the next few days and update my 8 tasks before kick off on Monday.

Cheers peeps...and thanks for joining me :)

No comments: