Monday 24 November 2008

Environmentally friendly me..

Well I am trying to do a little bit. I know i could do more, but you have to start somewhere. I wanted to let you all know my efforts at cooling the globe, and would love to hear what you are doing too.

  • obviously I clean chemically free, love my ENJO, and have been using it for about 6 years
  • eco friendly laundry detergent
  • eco friendly hand wash
  • eco friendly dishwashing detergent
  • turn lights off when not needed
  • those environmentally friendly light globes
  • recycled toilet paper (a new move, coping just, and i will persist)
  • excess water on pot plants (like what the kids don't drink, or from steaming vegies)
  • recycle paper/ cardboard/plastic/ tin etc
  • a half arsed compost bin (our local rats and mice love it, LOL)
  • avoid using the dryer unless I am desperate
  • turning off power points when not in use (still not very good at this)
  • free range chicken and eggs

that is it I think. Love to hear what you do, maybe something new for me to do to0.

Cheers Kaz

1 comment:

Leia Martin said...

Hey, I think any effort is a good effort and yours is great. I love when we chat about this stuff cause I feel we're on the same page. And good luck with the toilet paper, its not that bad and remember its only your arse!
I've been putting buckets under the drain pipes when it does rain, I can then save it for my plants.
We're growing some lettuces, cherry toms and herbs which are so easy, can be grown in pots , they'll be organic and Bain loves it, plus no 'food miles'. Which I guess is something else I always try to be aware of. I won't buy fruit and veges that are imported, and try with most other grocery items.
I still haven't set up a compost, but thats the next one!
Cheers