Friday 28 November 2008

As good as it gets!

OK so we attempted to go get some happy snaps (NOT) of the kids and santa. Emmy was hysterical last year and I could not even get her near him, but this year i though she might be better, as we talk about Santa, and she knows who he is etc. So today she hesitatingly went up to him, , but would not get on his knee, or even the chair. So I quickly snapped away. Of which I was only allowed to do, because i said i would buy a pic. In previous years they have let you take your own photos. Anyhoo, I realized i should have had my camera turned the other way. As it turns out the official photo chic had her camera flash still on from the night before, and so the only half decent pic they got was over exposed, and she wouldn't let me have it for half price. We tried again, and there were mega tears. So the first pic is as good as it gets, and the second is the result of trying to be too demanding of my young child. Hehe. Oh well there is always next year.So i am now off for a Thai dinner with a bunch of (scrappy) girls who I really should spend much more time with. I think next year is the year. Looking forward to tonight, yummo. i have been out a bit this month. But is has been more business than pleasure. My goal for next year is a better family / work / me time balance.

Ok have a great weekend peoples. We are off to a 40th in Geelong and a family lunch (pre xmas type number). I am also looking forward to this little weekend away.


2 comments:

Chris said...

LOL poor Emmy

Next year Santa will be her favourite person in the whole wide world *g*

-Chris

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Oh dear, I hear ya!! My youngest DD wouldn't even have stepped into the area where Santa is!! These days I think she is more willing, but we will see lol.
Hope your scrappy dinner was wonderful!
Deanne
xx