Monday 22 September 2008

A fun weekend..

Whoa, so busy.

had a great weekend in Geelong. Just always so nice to spend time with family, and what better way than to sit back in the back of a pub with a glass of wine (maybe it was a bottle, LOL) and some YUMMO home made hommus and beetroot dip (not mixed together) and all of your family. The kids had a blast just running a muck, although emmy was a bit quiet, with an ear infection. yea I may have forgotten to mention her temp of 41.2 degrees on Wednesday night, now that is what i call a temp!! don't come to this paediatric nurse with anything under 38, LMAO. We then had a reasonably nice dinner at La porchetta, and then kim and i attempted to go to the local pub/club lamby's. Which is the same as when we used to go about 10 years or so ago. by this stage i was a bit over it, and it was just fun to look at all the try hards.

We had THE most delish breakfast on Sunday morning and then a very fun and productive shop. I then said goodbye to my darling sister, and went for a too short visit to my great friend and beautiful sole Jen. She was very sleepy after no sleep post night duty, but managed a delicious oat slice. I must get that recipe Jen! Then i jetted back to DH mum and dad's for afternoon tea for their 40th wedding anniversary. i really admire them, they got married at about 18, and are still going strong. happy to just be together, just wonderful. We didn't get home until 7 pm, totally exhausted, and dumped everything out of the car onto the kitchen floor.

Today i had a very productive day, washing, floors cleaned, and 2 cards made. Tomorrow I need to finish off a layout, that i am just loving, and it is not for me, bugger. I am in a photo swap, and I need some more white thickers, so need to pop down to the local shop tomorrow. just missing a few letters, hate that!!

Here are a couple of cards i have made in the last few days, the girly one i just finished. The boy ones are for a lady who won the business of the fortnight comp at the gym. I was the business and the prize was 2 cards a month for 12 months. pretty good i thought, and pretty easy. No, not when I get requests straight off the bat for 2 boy 18 yo birthday cards, 1 likes the Cats, and one likes to travel. Anyway i think i did a bloody awesome job. the other is for Emmy for her 1st birthday (yes 1st) I always leave my kids, trying to make a perfect, special card, and then i think just bloody make it, it just happens to take my a year to get to that stage, and they don't know, it is the sentiment that is the same, whether we give it on the day or a year later. It will just go in the pile. Actually it will go on her bookshelf, like harry's is. I have use the Nursery Neccesities Bundle, which has the free wheel offer. The alphabet wheel is just too cute, the whole set is really. the colours are regal Rose and Pale Plum, with a silver hodgepodge circle thingy! My friends daughter was also 1 last weekend, so i made a copy for her too.

Ok going to bed to read for a couple fo minutes. Hubby watching the Brownlow (Yawn!!)

catch ya




3 comments:

Jess Gruar said...

Beautiful Cards, you are so creative..

Anonymous said...

Good job sis. U forgot to mention our cuppa tea and bed before midnight after our pubbing- oh and your snoring!!! It was a great weekend and how good was the geelong cotton on store.

Sharon Solomons said...

Kazyyyy your cards are awesome!! Love how you did the Geelong one as well...although its not my team I still love the way you did it..pure genius!!