Thursday 27 September 2007

An angelic, haunting voice.

I meant to look up Eva Cassidy some time ago, but like always I got sidetracked.So tonight she was background music on Dance , and it reminded me. Sad story , she died from cancer in 1996, melonoma. What a loss, she has one of the most beautiful voices I think I have ever heard, and I am going to attempt to insert some you tube footage here, It will bring a tear to your eye. There are some other songs on you tube if you just search her name, including over the rainbow.

Songbird was fleetwood mac song I think -



and Fields of Gold by Sting



I am off to find her CD tomorrow, i just think she is divine.

RIP Eva.

1 comment:

Jess Gruar said...

What are you trying to do to us all, her music and story certainly do bring a tear to your eye.
On a brighter note I am so glade to read that there is another "So you think you can dance" fan out there, don't you just wish you could dance like that!!