Wednesday 9 May 2007

Finally finally finally finally!!!!

Well goodness me, after all this time I have finally gotten my dream job. After originally writing a letter to the respiratory doctor at work in I think 1998 explaining the need for a respiratory nurse, and then having several jobs come up whilst I was heavily pregnant, and then also when both children were too young to send to creche ( for me), I was phoned last week and offered 2 days a week as a paediatric asthma educator at our local community health centre. Woo Hoo. It is for 9 months, but looks promising to continue.I get to go to work and do something i love, know and am good at.

I am very excited, as I wasnt that keen to go back to my old job, didnt like it at all.
So I am going back to work 1 month early, my poor baby girl, but they are great at Harry's creche, and Harry will still be there, and cause i will only be 5 mins away, maybe i can still go for a lunch feed, although that may be too distressing. I decided 10 .5 months old, 11.5 months old is not really too much difference, and the extra months pay will be well worth it.

I am looking into an update for my own skills, to make sure I am up to date with latest drugs and stuff,

So that is my news for the day.

Catch ya all soon.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

congratualtions to you Karen that is awesome new...yippeeee I am sure Emmy will be fine in childcare. It will do you both good..

Seeya
Sarah

Leia Martin said...

CONGRATS KAREN, we are all happy for you and wish you the best. xox Leia, Jon and Bain

jacqui jones said...

congrats...thats great news
oh going back to work...im not thinking about it im not thinking about it...would be eaiser if i was going back to a dream job but

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Karen, that's fantastic news. It's not much like work when you are doing something you love.

kazy2004 said...

Thanks everyone, it will certainly make going back to work a lot easier.Appreciate your wishes

regards karen