Friday 19 October 2007

Meltdown

Well they say it can happen, but you never think it will happen to you. Well, it did happen to me. My laptop stopped functioning. IT would not load, and then would not turn on at all. Aaaargh. Did I have any important files, or photos on it. I couldn't remember, without "My Documents" staring me in the face. Stupip f*****! Anyway the IT man has taken it away and is doing resus! Pray :) And I will tell you do a regular back up of all your documents, that is today's lesson.

On the home front, I have had annual leave this week, which means I had 2 days off whilst kids still in creche. So of course i had a To Do list , that I probably would need a year to achieve it all. And I didn't get any of it done. Funnily enough a file backup was on my to do list. hehe. I did however, get some shopping done in peace, always nice...have coffee with a friend, and then on Thursday go to the movies after a yummy wine and chicken salad lunch. I know manyof you don't get the whole going to the movies by yourself thing, but I am over worrying that people willl think I have no friends. I don't know these people, and I am comfortable in my own skin to know that I have several (close) friends. The beauty of a movie on my lonesome is I can sit and relax, not have to discuss bits thu the show, or worry they are not liking it. I love it.

The kids are well, Emmy is crawling (well sort of) she has one leg out to the side and the other tucked behind her, and pulls herself along, rather quick I might add. She crawls like a normal baby on the carpet upstairs and on the grass. She is way to cute , loves baa baa black sheep , nods her head, with one big long nod to questions. Is eating well. Her main problem is she has bad (not really bad, I have seen much worse) exzema. Poor love, she scratches her poor legs, and it doesnt help that she drags herself along the floor on her dry, red leg. It is all over her tummy, on her arms, and both legs. Got the sorbolene out, so hopefully it will improve.

Mark is good, after his own mini meltdown after the marathon (several unplanned toilet stops were involved, LOL) no i shouldnt laugh. His body just resisted.
TV wise, I am loving So you think you can dance. The disco number last night was fabbo. Idol is soo shit. I am a huge idol fan, but I really feel this lot are a bit immature in their presentations/vocals. There are no standouts. They are turning every song they do upside down in order to ne "individual" , but it is just too much. Good singers, but not great, sorry that is just my opinion. No Anthony's or Ricky Lee. Needless to say I am looking forward to tonights 2 specials.

Ok best sort kids out of the bath.

Hello to all my regulars, and I miss your blogs, can"t remember addresses, as you are all in my faves on the (dead) laptop! :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree idol is a bit down to past years, I'm enjoing Natalie tho. Hope they rescue ur laptop.
sis xx

Annie said...

I, too, am a fan of the solo movie. Nothing social about sitting in the dark watching a movie in silence anyway. It's not really a group activity. That's my excuse anyway!